The sound of the loom

The sound of the loom: l shifted to a new neighborhood recently. Everything is new about the place- the lifestyle, the priorities, even the color of the day and the sound of the night! Something which I have not heard for a very long time caught my ears late at night and early in the morning too. The sound of the loom. The womenfolk, the brave homemakers toiling till late at night and getting up and working again before everyone gets up....to keep the hearth burning! It made me feel very sad at first..to think how many more hurdles one has to cross to enjoy the basic comforts of life, which someone else is taking for granted elsewhere! It also made me feel guilty somehow  if I did not keep on doing something. Then, I realized that I was witnessing the basic core of womanhood..endurance... the courage to fight against all odds! Ladies of the world, my humble salute to all of you! Happy new year to all of you and the men and women you nurture in this world!
.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spawn

Moonwalk

the fragrant cloud