The tortoise

The tortoise: My elder son is now seven years old. Much as I want to cling onto the memories of his baby days, each new day brings out something new from the repertoire of mother-son relationship. Lately, he's been asking which animal lives the longest. I say it's the tortoise which lives for 200yrs as my GK is limited and I don't know more than that. Again, he says that he will become a scientist and make a medicine so that his parents and grandparents will never grow old as he is always worried that we wont be there when he grows up. Then, last night we were brushing our teeth together in the bathroom before going to bed. Suddenly he asked, 'Mama, when I am 100 yrs old, with whom will I be brushing my teeth?' I felt sad because he looked sad. So, I said, 'with the tortoise', jokingly, of course! Because, both of us know that when he is 100 yrs old, I won't be around. Just praying that you live up to 100 yrs, my son!

Comments

  1. My twins boys are around the same age, and they are very inquisitive about the surrounding asking a lot of questions. The disheartening part is when they start to make enquiry about death, sometimes I just shrugged it of....but really appreciate you for bringing the tortoise into it....next time I will surely used the 'tortoise'....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, thoughtful reply and chat. 👌

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spawn

Moonwalk

The Unmourned Loss