Moonwalk

Friends started posting pictures of the full moon tonight. So, I too went up on my terrace, clicked some photos quickly, chose the best one and posted in all my close WhatsApp groups. There...my duty was done! 
Then, as I raised my eyes from my mobile screen, the beauty of the moon took my breath away. Gently floating in the tranquil sky, softly sweeping away the light puffs of white clouds, throwing a silver hue to the whole world and a deep calm and serenity over me...I sat there completely mesmerized.
Was this mysticism or hypnotism or simply the true beauty of nature? Being so caught up in the daily grind, I never realised I had been missing out on these things. Even the distant barking of a dog sounds so soft now.
The whole world is gripped in the claws of an unseen enemy now. Humanity is being attacked on all fronts. Only our spirit is undaunted. From daybreak to nightfall, the advances of our nemesis is hammering on our heads with relentless force. The futility of all measures, not to mention the sick feeling of panic, is wreaking havoc on mankind's tenacity.
But, tonight as I sit and watch the moon, all worries have simply vanished into thin air. From Neil Armstrong's moonwalk to Michael Jackson's Moonwalk, the moon actually does work magic on people. Tonight, I seem to be on another moonwalk, blending with the silver rays, going on a mesmerizing journey taking 'time' out of time without a single worry on my mind.
Maybe, we human beings do need the moonlight as much as we need sunlight!
The silence of the night is suddenly so loud now. The world around me is in deep slumber. Perhaps, when it wakes up tomorrow, perspectives will change and we will make a new approach to life.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spawn

the fragrant cloud